I've done quite a bit of research (incl this site) trying to distinguish the difference between 23415 and 23130. As yet I have found nothing that clears it up for me. Does the difference have to do with the target intent (i.e. CA ligament had to be released in order to do the acromioplasty therefore it should be 23130)? Is there a general verbiage I should look for in the body of the note that indicates which one to use? Our providers do this procedure quite a bit and in most cases do both a CA release and an acromioplasty. I am aware that both codes are CCI edits incl with RCR so I am not questioning the difference in those cases.
Would greatly appreciate as many opinions as possible!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join