Our clinic recently acquired a Pain Management doc and I am having trouble with some of the coding and billing..I need help! The doc did sacroiliac joint injection (CPT 27096) in our hosptial outpatient surgery. I am trying to bill the professional fee...the patient has Medicare and the I received a denial for 27096 stating "the related or qualifying claim/service was not identified on this claim". The injection was done with fluro imaging which the hospital billed with CPT 76000....Should I be using a different code or a modifier?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join