I wouldn't use the 27048 since it is for an excision from deep, subfascial or intramuscular and the excision was done from the joint capsule. I would look at 27033-Athrotomy hip, including exploration or removal of loose or foreign body (e.g. bone fragment, free cartiglage, bullet, gravel). That being said, 27033 is bundled with your revision code. If he is only taking out the femoral component, it would be 27138.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join