You're going to have to research a little for this one.
Some payers want 99211, I'm sure. Others would penalize you on a retro audit, because there is a more specific set of codes: 98960-98962.
Some other providers may have access to other codes out of Medicine, but these would be the ones you'd most frequently associate with nursing staff.
Talk to payers, talk to your nurses, Docs and maybe practice manager/compliance officer and decide how to move forward. This certainly sounds like a billable/code-able service, but be sure you (or someone else) is setting up the prescribed level of documentation required to support either service if billed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join