Does anyone out there know the difference in CPT 58120 [Dilation and curettage, diagnostic and/or therapeutic (nonobstetrical)] & CPT 59160 (Curettage, postpartum)?
Patient delivered on Feb. 19. Since then she has been experiencing bleeding. Ultrasound indicated that she had retained placental fragments. On Mar. 6 a d&c was done. I need to know what the appropriate CPT would be? Is it the 58120 or 59160? CPT 59160 inidicates that this code is to be used for postpartum curettage. Would patient still be considered postpartum or is CPT 58120 appropriate?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join