Our infertility practice in IL is having a hard time coding pts who are diagnostic. The patients have come in from an OB/GYN office having been treated w/ Clomid. I am hoping someone can help clarify or agree that once a patient starts meds to treat the disease(in this case infertility) they can no longer use code V26.21--fertility testing. Unfortunately the OB/GYN's have gotten into the practice of giving out Clomid but not performing the dx tests first. Insurances w/ dx policies only will not cover these tests under 628.9 or unspecified infertility. Hoping someone can help clarify the use of V26.21 in these circumstances.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join