We have a travel clinic in our facility. We use CPT codes 99401-99404 and ICD-9 codes V65.40, V65.43 or V65.49. (V65.43 would fit for malaria prophylaxis). We also code the appropriate vaccines/administrations. Most insurance does not cover this type of visit, although they might cover the vaccines. Our "travel" doctor does not participate with any insurance, so the patients are informed up front that all charges are their responsibility. Some of the IM doctors (not associated with the travel clinic) will see patients for the same type of visit. The patient has to sign a waiver for the services in the event there is a denial.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join