How ould you bill out a patient coming in because they are going to China and need to know which vaccines and any malaria prophylaxis they may need. We have tried billing it out as the ov E&M with a dx code of v65.49 other specified counseling. Also, how would you code the visit if they just came in to get malaria prophylaxis, which is not a vaccine but a series of pills. As it is not a refill, you couldnt use v68.1. We are seeing these denials in all 3 of the family practice offices.
Mary Jane Bruette
RBRC Management Services, Inc
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join