Thread: I need some help!?!

Default I need some help!?!

Promo: Code Books
    Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone out there had any information on how to become a certified auditor. I know the AAPC offers a E/M auditor exam but I'm looking more for a certification that will allow me to audit more than just E/M. If there is any information anyone can provide I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Josalyn Smith, CPC

Go to www.doctorsmanagement.com and click on either NAMAS or certifications. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by msbrowning View Post
    Go to www.doctorsmanagement.com and click on either NAMAS or certifications. Hope this helps.

Thank you it does help!
    Josalyn Smith, CPC

Check out http://www.physicianchartauditors.com
    I'm hoping to take this course online in the next month. I was really impressed with the the instructor biographies (The founder of PCA was the former head of the OIG!) I was also impressed with the course outline and how much time was spent practicing auditing.
    Hope this helps!

You can also look into becoming a certified fraud examiner. I am one and it goes into auditing as well as how to work with federal agencies such as OIG, FBI etc.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCPC/CFE View Post
    You can also look into becoming a certified fraud examiner. I am one and it goes into auditing as well as how to work with federal agencies such as OIG, FBI etc.
    How do you go about becoming a certified fraud examiner. Is there a website to visit? I have ssen some auditor programs but my goodness they are so expensive. The one through doctor's management is the only resonable one, but I don't know if they are as extensive in training as the more expensive programs.
    Josalyn Smith, CPC

Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCPC/CFE View Post
    Thanks everyone! I will look into all of these programs.
    Josalyn Smith, CPC