I had seen the code you were using 80101 and I am new to this but by reading in the CPT manual 2012 it states if multiple drugs can be detected using a single analysis (eg, one stationary phase with one mobile phase), use 80100 only once.
also it states for qualitative analysis by multiplexed screening kit for multiple drugs or drug classes, use 80104
don't know if this helps or not but good luck.
coding student studying to take the CPC-H exam May 12
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join