Have I made something up in my mind? I have this vague idea in my head that I heard/read this somewhere and now cannot find documentation for it....
If a hospital has a policy that they want an NICU NP at every cesearean (regardless of med necessity) can they actually bill for attendance at delivery if there is nothing wrong with the mom or fetus?
I completely understand if there are problems with mom or baby, but I thought I read somewhere that if a provider is there just because its policy, that they couldnt bill???
Am I crazy?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join