I have had this issue before...is it possible that you need to add modifier -Q0 to the procedure? You have to make sure that the facility in which the device was placed has logged the number of the device into the national registry. Q0 is not just for clinical research studies...it indicates that the device is registered into a national data base. You may even have to get that registry number and enter it in (I think) box 19 or the electronic equivalent. That's what I have been told and the way I understand it... Anyone else have any suggestions?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join