see page 4, right hand column of this link for info:
also....This is from the AAOO (American Academy of Opthamology)
Please note: Inappropriate use of 65780, ocular surface reconstruction; AMT, for placing ProKera or for AMT as an add-on to pterygium surgery, another potential area for abuse, might result in reevaluation of the code. The danger of such a reassessment is that the code could be reduced to a value that is commensurate with fitting of a bandage contact lens.
â€”David B. Glasser, MD, member of the Academy Health Policy Committee
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join