simple excision of malignant lesions and closure are coded with 11600-11646 codes;
radical resection of skin tumors should be coded with 26117;
whether it is a simple excision or a radical resection determines the code selection.
Usually fingers are not the original site of formation of a malignant lesion, scar of squamous cell carcinoma type. Only, the growth has spread to such areas and a deep rooted malignant tumor often results in such areas. In such instances, a wide local excision is usually done and not a simple excision.
So, coding 26117 is only appropriate.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join