ICD-10 CM usage is based on visit date. once the date of activation is here lets say it is OCT 1 2013, then for all visit date prior to OCt 1 2013 you use ICD-9 CM codes and for visits date Oct 1 2013 and forward you use ICD-10 CM codes. The 5010 transaction has a one digit version indicator that will be placed on the claim to indicate whether it is an ICD-9 CM claim or an ICD-10 CM claim. After the implementation of ICD-10 CM, ICD-9 CM will no longer be updated in anyway, only ICD-10 CM will be revised and updated regularly.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join