I am pretty new to auditing charts and need some expertise on the auditing of a chart HPI. The HPI states:
Patient is here in the office for review of labs. Endocrine: Patient is here for follow up of diabetes. Goal for this visit is : Establish care in diabetes. She has type 2 diabetes. At present patient complains of no chest pain, no hypoglycemia, no nausea, no numbness, no polydipsia, no polyphasia, no polyuria, no vision problems and no vomiting.
How am I supposed to determine the HPI elements from this? Can I count the signs/symptoms as 1 qualifier?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join