We have a physician who took a patient to the OR for a large pelvic mass (left of the rectal and anal canal with extensive suprasphincteric component and presacral component). There was an opening below the sacrum that was draining. He did a digital rectal exam and with digital pressure he was able to drain purulent material so he went in through the opening and placed a Malecot catheter for drainage. Since there was not an incision done how would this be coded? The closest thing we could come up with was 58823 but it is a male and that is a female code. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join