surgeon closed colostomy site at skin level, this colostomy had a large peristomal hernia which was repaired at the same time the surgeon also performed a right hemicolectomy leaving the terminal ileum to use for ileostomy. There is no anastamosis mentioned in the op note.
this surgeon has me running in circles because they want to charge for the colostomy revision, peristomal hernia repair, hemicolectomy and ileostomy. i am needing to code all of this surgery correctly.
if 44144 did not have the creation of mucofistula it would look like a candidate for this surgery.
any and all help is appreciated.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join