OP NOTE: ORIF & repair of the nonunion with local grafting. .....previous incision was opened, compression plate was removed. The nonunion was identified, the osteophytes removed, edges made parallel with a small saw, a 6 hole LCDC plate was contoured, fx held in compression, the local bone graft was placed around the nonunion, irrigation carried out....
My question is, does the autograft count if it was collected locally, ie the osteophytes from the same incision, or do you only code the 25405 if the autograft was collected from a different body site or incision?
Thanks in advance for any feedback, comments, etc. Mary MMadrigal@hawaii.rr.com
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join