I am fairly new to cardiology coding and want to make sure I get it right.
What codes should I bill for a nuclear stress test done in the office? 93015, 78452, then what other codes? IV, injection, drugs?
What about done in the hospital? 93015 or 93018 then 78452-26, is that all?
Stress echo, same codes as the nuclear stress test but with 93350 instead of 78452.
Regular echo, just the 93306, 93307, or 93312? Any other codes? What if contrast is given?
And for the heart caths, just the cath code 93451 or 93452?
I appreciate any insights or anybody that could point me in the direction of some good articles on cardiology coding.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join