If this service is the removal of the nasal packing placed during the performance of a treatment of a nasal bone fracture, the removal of the nasal packing is part of the 90-day global services as being part of the initial service. It follows the same principle as a suture removal, if your doctor placed the sutures they cannot bill for the removal. If your doctor put in the nasal packing, they cannot bill for the removal.
The 30905 code is specifically for control of nasal hemmorhage (nose bleed) by cautery or placing of packing. This code is not for placing packing for nasal bone fracture treatment or the removal of that packing.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join