20160831 - FREE Code Books with Exam Prep Packages | Learn More

AAPC - August DL Sale: 50% OFF
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality Reporting G Codes for an ASC

Exclamation Quality Reporting G Codes for an ASC

Hi ASC coders!
    I have loaded the new ASC quality reporting G-codes for medicare. I entered the codes that my facility would use.

G8907: [Patient documented not to have experienced any of the following events; a burn prior to discharge; a fall within the facility; wrong site/side/patient/procedure/implant event; or a hospital transfer or admission upon discharge from the facility]
    G8914: [Patient documented to have experienced a hospital transfer or admission upon dishcarge from ASC]
    G8915: [Patient documented NOTto have experenced a hospital transfer or admission upon discharge from the facility
    I want to start testing these codes out and have a question. I am confused about the G8907 and the G8915. Do I use both codes or just one? It seems silly to have created the G8915 if the G8907 covers that data of reporting.

Has anyone else starting to use these too? Any feed back is appreciated.
    Thanks, Andrea
    Last edited by delphinus777; 04-17-2012 at 05:47 PM.

We have not started working with these codes yet, but to my understanding if everything was a no then the G8907 would be reported.

You only need to use G8907. Also don't forget about G8916, G8917, G8918. I started using them on April 1st claims. Mostly we are using G8907 and G8916 at this point. I have not heard anything or gotten any responses on these claims yet, so waiting patiently.
    Donna Struve CPC
    NW Iowa Bone Joint Sports Surgeons

Thanks for the input bdobyns & dstruve. I only loaded the G codes that we would use, we do not use any prophylactic's here........but for arguments sake just say we did.....patient had no issues and was also given the IV antibiotic for SSI on time.....would you code both the G8907 & G8916 on the same claim? It just seems like a lot more code lines on a claim. I sent a few out to Medicare and I'm waiting for the results. I just dont want to be *dinged* for not capturing ALL the quality codes required.

I just heard about these codes. Where are they reported? On the same line as the procedure code or is there a special box for them? Also are they for all providers or just Medicare? Thanks for any help.

Use both the G8907 and G8916. It is a lot of lines but you have to report both.

They are listed on the the claim just like you would any procedure code. They are just for Medicare at this point.
    Donna Struve CPC
    NW Iowa Bone Joint Sports Surgeons

Is there a website where they are all listed? Do you get the information from the pt's chart / EMR?
    Thank you in advance for information.

The site that has good info is the ASCA site......on the left side it even has a hyperlink to FAQs and a hyperlink further expanding all the G-codes.
    http://www.ascassociation.org/ASCA/F...lityReporting/

Thank you for the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast