Hi ASC coders!
I have loaded the new ASC quality reporting G-codes for medicare. I entered the codes that my facility would use.
G8907: [Patient documented not to have experienced any of the following events; a burn prior to discharge; a fall within the facility; wrong site/side/patient/procedure/implant event; or a hospital transfer or admission upon discharge from the facility]
G8914: [Patient documented to have experienced a hospital transfer or admission upon dishcarge from ASC]
G8915: [Patient documented NOTto have experenced a hospital transfer or admission upon discharge from the facility
I want to start testing these codes out and have a question. I am confused about the G8907 and the G8915. Do I use both codes or just one? It seems silly to have created the G8915 if the G8907 covers that data of reporting.
Has anyone else starting to use these too? Any feed back is appreciated.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join