Patient had a polyp removed (45380) on 01/27. Patient comes back on 03/14 for a planned ileostomy reversal. The surgeon aborts the procedure- I'm confused- It looks like a colonoscopy? Any thoughts? Do I used a modifier on it for planned procedure?
Patient brought to endoscopy suite for a planned ileostomy reversal... patient placed on table...anesthesia induced...rigid sigmoidoscope was inserted to confirm patency of anastomosis prior to reversal...anastomosis was encounted at 8 to 10 tightly strictured... sigmoidoscope failed...then a pediatric caliber sigmoidoscope was advanced...colon on other side of anastomosis was inflamed...pediatric scope was withdrawn and exchanged for a flexible EGD scope...this was passed through dilating up to the size of the EGD scope...this was exchanged for a colonoscope for larger diamter...this was passed through the anastomosis with a slight popping sensation dilating to the diameter of the scope. Scope was withdrawn and decision to abort the ileostomy take-down in light of the stricture... Plan for re-scope in 6-8 weeks.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join