Having problems coding a surgery in which the patient had an ORIF of her left femur-she had a total hip replacement a month previous and had a prosthesis put in, so she no longer has her trochanters.Her diagnosis is peri-prosthetic fracture involving her prosthesis. Doctor replaced her prosthesis. Would you code this as an unlisted code? I have done research on this and the codes suggested to use were :
# 27236-which the doctor says is all wrong due to the type of prosthetic used.
He suggested # 27507- which I told him it was the shaft, which the break wasn't there, as it was around the proximal end, where the prosthesis was-so that would be incorrect.
I have seen where people have used # 27244- he said that would be closer-since he used a plate. This code states intertrochanteric, peritrochanteric, or subtrochanteric with plate/screw type implant.The problem is that she doesnt have any trochanters.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join