Has anyone found any documentation of heard anything from Medicare and Medicaid in regards to not being able to use diagnosis pointers anymore?
Patient was seen in our office for a physical. The claim is billed as followed:
99204 25 463, 380.4, 477.0
We are using Medisoft V17, and with the knowledge that I have about Medisoft (not sure about any other program), if each line of the claim is submitted with different diagnosis, it creates a new claim for each line and they are submitted separately. I was told that the guidelines have changed and that the claims are no longer being accepted with the diagnosis pointers reflecting the applicable diagnosis.
Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me, please?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join