I apologize for not knowing how to bill this in advance.
The patient is a medicare patient. A pap is done. During the pap a medication is applied for the genital warts.
My question is the diagnosis coding. Dr. put down V72.31 and 078.11. I feel that it is not a normal pap and should just be coded with the 078.11.
Please tell me if I am correct in my thinking. This is the first case like this I have ever coded.
Thank you for your time and for helping me to code this properly.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join