I need some help settling a disagreement in my office.
I have a surgeon that periodically forgets to dictate his assistants on his operative reports. I have had them added to the op-notes through transcription before. Now transcription will not add them. They are requiring the physicians to dictate an addendum to their operative reports. The facility always has their intra-operative report and the assistants are documented in that. I am being told to not have an addendum dictated and to go off the intra-operative report.
My question in this, is that this is the facilities medical record, not the physicians. Can I use that as the physicians documentation?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join