When my surgeons forget to list our NPP as an assist in surgery, I ask them to dictate an addendum to the operative report. This way, if the insurance company asks for a copy of the op report, the assistant name is on it. I don't have access to the intra-operative notes from the hospital. I have to base my coding on the operative report and if the assistant name is not on it, I need my surgeons to add it if indeed an assist was needed so I can bill it out correctly.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join