I am looking for information regarding billing for preop visits. If we see a patient 2 weeks prior to a major procedure can this be billed or is it included in surgery. We will see the patient the day of the procedure and do a complete H&P but a midlevel provider is seeing the patient prior to surgery to give surgical instructions, postop directions and discuss possible need to discontinue any meds and answer any questions or concerns the patient may have.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join