My advice is not to do this. Medicare Fraud units run data programs that have the SSA date of death info. , of both the patients and Providers. (I know this fact from my own Fraud unit experience.) You would be at risk of an audit, and you would have to explain why you did this, and you may have to refund the money for those specific claims. Also, Locum and reciprocal billing rules are Medicare rules that allow for temp. coverage (such as vacation) of active physicians (living) only.
Please consider consulting a Health Care attorney, if possible.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join