NOT my area of expertise, but I'll share my thoughts ...
I wouldn't consider the scapula part of the upper extremity, unless I was focusing on the shoulder joint. So I definitely would not use 73218.
If the focus is on the joint, then I think you could use 73221.
If not on the joint, I think you may be stuck with an unlisted code 76498.
Let us know what you decide, and how it turns out.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join