When do you categorize the office visit E/M high risk?
Ex: A patient comes in for her normal OB visit, but complains about abdominal paid. Physician does an ultrasound. As we know we code the ultrasound and bill the ultrasound.
Now how about the office visit E/M, are you coding the same for the office visit (abdmoninal pain) or are you not coding an office visit since this was origianlly a normal OB E/M visit and only billing the ultrasound.
Does the office visit have to have a difference diagnosis coded?
Any input would be great thank you!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join