We have a physician that is not completing the notes in the EMR. We have not billed anything out because the notes are either not done or completed. Visits are from as far back as January of this year.
Question 1: is there a law that determines a time frame for dictation to be done? (office visits) Our Medicare is only 20% so mostly BCBS.
Question 2: Alot of these patients paid co-pays? If this doctor does not do the dictation will we be obligated to give the co-pays back?
I am hoping for additional "fuel" to get this dication done. The manager is not able to get the doctor to get it done.
Please send "documented" information if you have any so I can share with them.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join