I am taking a online internship through my school with Evolve. This is a problem I have and with some of the mistakes I am finding in this course I need another opinion
ICD-9 2012 code Set 585 has a note that says: Code first hypertensive chronic disease, if applicable (403.00-403.91, 404.00-404.93)
Every time I code it this way the internship solutions omits the 403 code. I remember reading in the guidelines that you must code 403.91 before 585.6 ESRD. Am I wrong?
I am to take my CPC certification in June and would like to get this cleared up. I don't trust this online internship course because of all the mistakes I find in the cases it requires me to code before taking the final in each section Examples: Changes sides between diagnosis and procedure, changes sex of patient between diagnosis and procedure, and constantly uses V codes which clearly state: Unacceptable Principal Diagnosis.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join