Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ED Speciality Exam

Default CEDC Exam, sources
    Medical Coding Books
    I passed my CEDC exam this past September, 92%. I have been coding ER for 3 years.
    I bought the practicum from the AAPC. I found it to be a challenge but it did prepare me for the test very well. I did the tests 3 times before sitting for the test and passed on the first try. I did not buy a study guide as I code 140 charts minimum a day for work.
    I took my ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, 2009 Procedures book, 95 guidelines, 97 guidelines.
    Read the requirements carefully on what you can take in, the coding companion is not allowed for 2010 testers.

If you really understand what you are doing for ER coding, you probably will not need another resource for the test.

Default lac-intermediate
    What was debrided, derma or subq fat?

If he just trimmed the skin to make a good approximation of the would I would code simple repair. If the MD repaired more than one layer, intermediate. There needs to be heavy contaminate to code an intermediate.

Default re cedc exam
    Quote Originally Posted by mworcester View Post
    I passed my CEDC exam this past September, 92%. I have been coding ER for 3 years.
    I bought the practicum from the AAPC. I found it to be a challenge but it did prepare me for the test very well. I did the tests 3 times before sitting for the test and passed on the first try. I did not buy a study guide as I code 140 charts minimum a day for work.
    I took my ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, 2009 Procedures book, 95 guidelines, 97 guidelines.
    Read the requirements carefully on what you can take in, the coding companion is not allowed for 2010 testers.

If you really understand what you are doing for ER coding, you probably will not need another resource for the test.
    i agree Michelle the proctor was going to let me use a dictionary,which was the least of my issues, i don't use them rarely on occasion, i read more the instructions on how to use the cpts than anything else.
    Pat A. Trautner, CCS/CPC/CEDC/CHONC

Default RT hand laceration
    2.5 cm laceration of rt hand, was moderately debrided according to provider and sutured

Would append 12041

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123