Good afternoon everyone,
Please advise, should coders be adding a modifier -59 to every procedure when an E/M is being performed on the same day â for Medicare and / or Commercial carriers: Example below: all performed on the same day
Hospital or Office E/M with a modifier -25
EKG â modifier -59
Echo â modifier -59
and a stress test - modifier -59
To me this appears to be overutlizing the modifier -59 however Iâm told this is how we should billing.
Your thoughts and knowledge are welcomed!!
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join