ERs do Urgent Care billing differently from facility to facility, depending on what agreement the ED group has set up with their facility.
Most bill urgent care visits as new/established patient office visits with place of service 20. Certain criteria may be implemented to determine what type of visit is considered "urgent" and what type of visit is considered "emergency". Normally, this is also determined based on the agreements between the ED group and the facility.
Jennifer Gauger, CPC
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join