We have a clinical social worker that would like to start billing for her services. She would like to use codes 90846, 90847, 90849, and 90853. I cannot find anything though that tells me what documenation is required, if they are billed in units, and then if a social worker is even permitted to bill these codes. Most of these will go to Medicare for payment, which looks like the reimbursement is great but I just want to make sure that we are documenting and coding correctly. Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thanks!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join