most likely the claim will edit for request of notes either way. Dr X time will need to have notes sent for Medicare reveiws all critical care charges for medical necessity.
Along with that claim I would suggest sending in the Dr Y notes in addition to the notes for Dr X.
When credentialing these providers the "group" NPI # should be the same, and upon payment of the 99291 Dr X, inital service code, calling the ARU with the HIC # for that paid claim, will help to appeal the 99292 to be paid as well, as the 99291 is the "qualifying code" for the add on code 99292.
Medicare requires that these notes be faxed in ahead of time for those who are submitting electronic claims.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join