I work in a multi-specialty group and do the coding for the Internal Medicine/PCP's and also Pediatric groups. The patient does need to be engaged in some way physically, ie. the administration of a vaccine, receiving a bandage. Speaking to the patient over the counter, looking in the patient's file and reissuing a prescription is not billable. That would be the same as the patient calling in for the prescription and that is also not billable. 2 thumbs down on that one.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join