I just read at iHealth Beat, that the American College of Physicians commented on the ICD-10 delay, with something totally different in mind. They want CMS to consider implementing "Systemized Nomenclature of Medicine-Clinical Terms" or SNOMED-CT instead. You can read the artical here: http://www.ihealthbeat.org/articles/...beat+%28iHB%29
I can't see CMS agreeing to do this because all the money that has been put into ICD-10 will be wasted. Is anyone familar with SNOMED, and do you think CMS would even think about this?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join