Psychiatric diagnostic interview examination: Used for the initial
psychiatric evaluation of a new patient or to denote the initial
evaluation or first-day service for hospitalized patients. Most
commercial carriers will reimburse for services designated with this
code one time per episode of illness. For Medicare, check your
local medical review policy (LMRP).
90801 99201â€“99205 99221â€“99223 99301â€“99303 99321â€“99323
So if your pt was a new to your office depending on time you would use those codes. Hope that helps. Tiffany
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join