My physician is doing what he is calling a Coccygeal Disc Injection, I have googled this and read everything I can find on it and no one seems to be actually injecting the disc as my physician is. Here is how he dictated it:
With the C-arm presented back to the lateral position, the C2-3 disc was entered with a 27g 1 1/2" needle without difficulty. There was mild provocation. One cc of Marcaine 0.5% and Depo 10mg was injected without difficulty after verification of position by a small amout of dye. Need was removed.
It sounds to me like he did a type of discography, but in the coccyx region, and I cannot find the CPT for this. Maybe it is an unlisted procedure, or maybe I am not understanding what he is trying to do. I am not a doctor, but sometimes I feel like they expect me to be one!
Thank you for reading this, hopefully there is someone that can help!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join