I was attending a local Health care conference yesterday and the question was asked: Will ICD10 replace the DSM-IV-TR book for the mental health diagnosis codes. I looked online and what I found was not very clear. I decided I would ask the experts at AAPC rather than guess or assume. Can someone explain this more clearly please? I see the codes in the F section of the ICD10 book but know little about the DSM book as I have never had the opportunity to use it. Thank you!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join