Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Auditing Certifications

Default Auditing Certifications
    Exam Training Packages
    I'm interested to see what auditing courses/classes everyone has attended. Also, if you have an auditing certification, who do you have the certification through? If anyone has any experience with following, please share!!!! and feel free to add!!!

CPC-E/M - E/M Auditor - through AAPC

PCA - Physician Chart Auditor - through Physician Chart Auditors

CPMA - Certified Professional Medical Auditor - through Doctor's Management

CHCA - Certified Health Care Auditor - through Association of Health Care Auditors and Educators

CHA - Certified Health Care Auditor - through American Institute of Healthcare Compliance

AR--I'm glad you've asked this question because I've been wondering the same thing. I have not taken an auditing certification course yet, but I'm in the process of buying and attending PCA (Physican Chart Auditors) on-line course. I was impressed with the course content and the instructors. The owner of this company was the former head of the OIG--so I figure she is a great source of information. We'll see how it goes
    Carrie, BS, CPC

I was thinking of taking the PCA course as well (I called them and the online course isn't available yet - even though their website says Aug 15 )- Let me know how the PCA course goes, I like the 'online' part....LOL....everywhere else you have to travel which I'm too pregnant to travel right now.
    I'm taking the CPC-E/M this weekend and I'm freaking out I want to take some of the courses I listed on my original post but I want to know who has taken them and what they think!!

I have the E/M credential. There is a course coming up in Las Vegas soon from AHCAE: http://www.ahcae.org/mc/page.do
    I hope that link works...
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

I spoke with Sarah (a rep from PCA) last week and she is going to email me as soon as the online course is updated. She said it could take about a couple weeks, so I'm hoping they'll have it ready by the 22nd. Doing this certification online was the what convinced me.
    I'm also thinking about taking the AAPC E/M certification, but I need something for right now. Good luck on the test--let me know how that goes (I may be crazy enough to take it myself!) Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Carrie, BS, CPC

Lisa:
    How hard was the test for your E/M credential compared to the test for your CPC? I'd love to get that certification as well, but the thought of having to take another test makes me a little nauseous!
    Carrie, BS, CPC

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by carriedavis7 View Post
    Lisa:
    How hard was the test for your E/M credential compared to the test for your CPC? I'd love to get that certification as well, but the thought of having to take another test makes me a little nauseous!
    Carrie - I found the E/M test to be much easier than the CPC. I do think that a lot of the difficulty with the CPC is that people really don't know what to expect, so once you've done that the rest should be "easier". I did it in abouy half the time and then just went back over it.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Thanks Lisa--that makes me feel better
    Carrie, BS, CPC

hey everyone
    Im also intrested in taking the E/M exam, but becuz im a CPC-A i have to wait one year to take it through AAPC. Well anyways my question is there are so many organiztions for auditing as listed on this thread and I'm wondering what type of auditing certification do the employers want the most when choosing there employees?
    Like for example some companys or dr want Ahima over AAPC certifacations.
    And some emplyers want the AAPC over the Ahima. I hope i am making sense on this post and also do I have to really wait 1 year to take the exam at the other E/M sites provided on this thread?

Thanks Alot
    ARWA

Default Cpc-e/m
    I have the CPC-E/M and, like Lisa, I found it easier than CPC partly for the same reason Lisa cites (already took one test, so knew what to expect), but mostly because CPC covers EVERYTHING, while the E/M specialty exam covered just my area of expertise (at the time I had worked almost exclusively with E/M).

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast