In an ASC setting am I correct in coding the following procedure with 20610?
DIAGNOSIS: ARTHRITIS RIGHT HIP
1. C-ARM LOCALIZATION RIGHT HIP
2. ARTHROGRAM RIGHT HIP
3. STEROID INJECTION RIGHT HIP
TECHNIQUE: The patient was brought to the procedure room and placed supine on the OR table. The right hip position was verified with the C-arm. The hip was prepped and draped in a routine fashion. A skin wheal was raised for anesthesia and a 22G needle inserted into the hip joint. The position was verified with an arthrogram. Depo-Medrol 1 cc and 1 cc Lidocaine was then introduced into the hip. The needle was withdrawn. A sterile dressing was applied. She was transferred to the cart and sent back to the recovery room to be dismissed.
Thanks for any assistance.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join