I need help find the codes for the following procedure:
Removal of Sternal Wire, debridement of tissue and revision of the sternotomy incision.
I thought about 11010 but it states associated with open fractures or dislocations. That isn't the case. The sternal wire was causing an infection, so that's why it was removed. A 2-3 inch ellliptical incision was made. The Subq tissue flaps were recreated, the inflamed area was dissected off the sternum with a Bovie cautery. The sternal wire was cut and removed and then wound was closed w/vicryl...
Any help would be appreciated
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join