The physician has to do 5 or more. You are right. He can't bill it 5 times. He can only bill it with 1 unit - he can charge whatever he'd like, but as long as he is contracted, he will get the allowed amount. As for Medicare, they'll pay you around $100 for facility. So that's what he'll get for 5 specimens - and no you don't have to bill it indicating the 5 specimens, that should be in the op note.
Now you can also bill 19295 (for the localization clip) if you do this with the biopsies. It's an add on code. The allowable for it I think is somewhere around $90 off the top of my head - so that can make up for 19102 X 5 a little
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join