I have a patient with newly diagnosed PAD (new problem, w/ work up) - the doc is ordering noninvasive arterial studies (medicine test 1 prob)
THEN note states ....
however, patient will probably require invasive study, this will probably cause him to go into permanent renal insufficiency requiring permanent dialysis. If this studies are not performed, he will wind up losing both lower extremities to amputations secondary to his arterial insufficiency
What would be the associated RISK?
I'm leaning towards HIGH because threat to bodily function - process of healing - any suggestions??
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join