Thread: Biophysical profile

Default Biophysical profile

Hello everyone. Trying to answer a question in one of my workbooks for class and having trouble with one. Cannot seem to find it in the CPT index, I am drawing a blank. Just looking for someone to help steer me in the right direction.

How do you code for the following example (need CPT and ICD-9 code):
    Radiology Report*
    ****** Examination of:****** Biophysical Profile
    *******Clinical Symptoms:* High blood pressure, estimated gestational age 28 weeks, 5 days.
    *******Biophysical profile:* The placenta is located along the anterior wall.* It is heterogeneous in exhotexture, grade II.* The AFI is 5.4 cm, which is low.* Fetal motion noted by technologist.* Heart rate is 147 bpm.* Intrauterine hopoechoic area seen anteriorly within the uterus measures about 2 cm in size and a second similar sized hoypechoic area is located within the uterus.* Both findings are presumed fibroids.* They are nonspecific findings, however.* Biophysical profile was scored a perfect 8 out of 8.

For some reason I am drawing a blank on how to code this one and cannot seem to find it in my text. I remember reading about it, just cannot find the info. Please help. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lylelefever View Post
    Hello everyone. Trying to answer a question in one of my workbooks for class and having trouble with one. Cannot seem to find it in the CPT index, I am drawing a blank. Just looking for someone to help steer me in the right direction.

How do you code for the following example (need CPT and ICD-9 code):
    Radiology Report*
    ****** Examination of:****** Biophysical Profile
    *******Clinical Symptoms:* High blood pressure, estimated gestational age 28 weeks, 5 days.
    *******Biophysical profile:* The placenta is located along the anterior wall.* It is heterogeneous in exhotexture, grade II.* The AFI is 5.4 cm, which is low.* Fetal motion noted by technologist.* Heart rate is 147 bpm.* Intrauterine hopoechoic area seen anteriorly within the uterus measures about 2 cm in size and a second similar sized hoypechoic area is located within the uterus.* Both findings are presumed fibroids.* They are nonspecific findings, however.* Biophysical profile was scored a perfect 8 out of 8.

For some reason I am drawing a blank on how to code this one and cannot seem to find it in my text. I remember reading about it, just cannot find the info. Please help. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
    Hey there, this is a great refernce to your question, and the answer is 76819.
    http://coderyte.creativerge.net/Codi...-profiles.html
    Jessica O'Donnell CPC