Hello everyone. Trying to answer a question in one of my workbooks for class and having trouble with one. Cannot seem to find it in the CPT index, I am drawing a blank. Just looking for someone to help steer me in the right direction.
How do you code for the following example (need CPT and ICD-9 code):
****** Examination of:****** Biophysical Profile
*******Clinical Symptoms:* High blood pressure, estimated gestational age 28 weeks, 5 days.
*******Biophysical profile:* The placenta is located along the anterior wall.* It is heterogeneous in exhotexture, grade II.* The AFI is 5.4 cm, which is low.* Fetal motion noted by technologist.* Heart rate is 147 bpm.* Intrauterine hopoechoic area seen anteriorly within the uterus measures about 2 cm in size and a second similar sized hoypechoic area is located within the uterus.* Both findings are presumed fibroids.* They are nonspecific findings, however.* Biophysical profile was scored a perfect 8 out of 8.
For some reason I am drawing a blank on how to code this one and cannot seem to find it in my text. I remember reading about it, just cannot find the info. Please help. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join