V72.7 Diagnostic skin and sensitization tests (Allergy tests)
I'd use V14.0 as a secondary diagnosis.
I see where the index refers you to 995.27 for drug allergy, but I'm not certain you'd use it in this situation - I would think that poisoning codes are more appropriate for acute episodes, when the patient is experiencing an allergic reaction, but I could be wrong about that. Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join