I'm assuming you used 24 for the POS which would be correct.
I have had this happen to me in the past. It is generally a carrier/contract issue. I had to appeal mine with our carrier, fighting tooth and nail, to get them to pay our claim because we did not have any specific procedure restrictions on what we could and couldn't do in our ASC per the contract. They eventually paid.
I would double check your contract for procedure restrictions and then appeal it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join